Sunday 25 March 2012

Six Sentence Sunday #49

Hello, welcome to another #sixsunday. As always, your visit and comments are appreciated. I've gone back to earlier in the story with Keir, back to the opening scene in the dungeon between the two main characters. Keir has pushed Quin away, but she's still trying to play the good samaritan.

“Are you wounded?” She knelt down next to him and reached for him again. He shrank from her touch and she stopped just shy of his arm. “I don’t want to hurt you, Keir. I thought I might be able to help.” 
He said nothing, could not bring himself to unbend, and after a moment she sat back on her haunches with a sigh.

© 2009-2012 Copyright Philippa J. Green All Rights Reserved
Thanks for stopping by. As always, you can check out the other snippets via the main website - just click on the banner below. :)

14 comments:

  1. You really drew me in with this. I felt like I was right there. Great six!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep going!! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so deliciously damaged! Can't wait to read this one, Pippa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the interaction between the two of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, he is so wounded. I'm curious to see how this develops. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Could not bring himself to unbend" - wow, that's fantastic! This six really tugs at the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is patient with him. I like the way you've described the physical and captured the emotion. Great six.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, I really feel for Keir, here. Can't wait to read the whole story (not long now!).

    ReplyDelete
  9. First, I love the name Keir! Second, in just these few sentences you've painted a very vivid picture of both Keir's and Quin's personalities. Well done! I look forward to more snippets from Keir's book!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts.