Thursday 26 May 2011

Moving on.



Hi all! Some of you may have noticed a slight change coming over the blog. Well, this was going to be a post about moving to a completely new blog and leaving Keir behind. I'd been considering the move for a long time, but now that I have a few writing projects aside from Keir, I felt it was time for a change. I had the new blog up in less than a day, and this blog was going to remain up and running until the end of May and then be retired. I had the 1 Year Anniversary book giveaway running until the 31st of May (enter here!) and my SSS posts set up until the end of the month, but after that ...

I was feeling pretty sad about it - I've had this blog for a whole year and so much has happened since then. Considering that I acquired it by accident and didn't actually have a clue about blogging (or much else for that matter!), I've had a heck of a lot of fun, met some amazing people and made a lot of friends. Nostalgia, plus the chance that I might lose a few people in the change-over and that my stats would be back to zero, made me regret the choice before I'd even made it.

And then, good news! A friend told me I could change the name and URL of my current blog without losing anyone or anything! Now, not being particularly technically minded, I was somewhat nervous about doing it but it beats starting again from scratch. I managed to work out how to download both the template design and all the contents, aside from the Intense Debate comments which may disappear, so I have backups. The only thing that could go wrong is that I could foul up the URL and end up with no blog at all. I'm just hoping that as long as I don't delete the blog, it might be reversible. However, having tested in out on the new blog, I am fairly confident that it will work.

So, Keir will remain until the end of the month, and then hopefully transform into Pippa Jay - Adventures in Scifi without a hitch. I apologise in advance if this causes anyone any problems with Google Reader or similar, and I know there will be a few links I'll have to go fix myself after the change, but fingers crossed that will be the worst of it. Please let me know what you thing of the new layout, and the new header shown at the top of the post. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to hear your thoughts.