Saturday 6 July 2013

#Science #Fiction #Fantasy Saturday #63

WEBSITE | GOODREADS |Available from...
| SMASHWORDS | B&N | Kobo |
Hi! Welcome to this week's #sffsat snippet. I'm continuing with my scifi romance short Imprint from the Tales from the SFR Brigade anthology, now available from Smashwords, B&N and Kobo for FREE! Yay! So, last time we met Jiona on a crazy plunge into traffic as she made her escape from a heist. Now she's back at her base, but all is not well...

The chamber beyond was in chaos. Cold washed through her. Jiona eyed the wreckage that had recently been her laboratory, her chest locking tight. While she’d been busting the TransGalactic Bank’s vault and dallying with Tevik, someone had turned over her hidden base. Which, judging by the evidence, was not well hidden enough. It couldn’t have been Tevik. It wasn’t his style for one, and he’d been so close on her trail at the bank she’d imagined his hot breath on the back of her neck the whole time she’d been on the job. No, this had to be someone else entirely. Either a rival or—

...and I'm so going to leave it hanging there. Bwah-ha-haaaa! If you want to find out exactly who or what is responsible, check out the book widget in the right hand side bar for links to various digital formats available. In the meantime, visit the other talents taking part in #sffsat by clicking on the banner below. Have fun!

17 comments:

  1. Cruel. Very cruel, Pippa. "And...the killer is..."

    Okay, I guess I can wait... Hey, wait a minute! I have the whole story right here. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who? Who?! Who is it? WAAAAAA! Oh, wait. I have a copy of the anthology. *opens the file*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh!! Or what...??!! Ahhhg. I suppose I should read the entire thing...as I have a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A cliffhanger AND maniacal laugh! I can almost hear the guy playing the piano in the corner as the curtain comes down. Great twist and extra points for using the word "dallying".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Drat it, next time I'll post a cliff hanger from an unpublished work, bwah-ha-haaaaa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stud oversensitive touch screen phone deleted this instead of publishing

    Sue Ann Bowling has left a new comment on your post "#Science #Fiction #Fantasy Saturday #63":

    OK, I ordered it for my NOOK. Don't know what's with Amazon lately; I lowered the e-book price on Tourist Trap almost 6 months ago and they still haven't lowered theirs

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've read it and I STILL loved reading this cliffhanger.

    Singsong voice:
    I know who the villain is, I know who the villain is...

    The rest of ya'll will just have to get reading. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dang, you guys are making me jealous! I'm going to get a copy now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! My dastardly plan worked...ehem, I mean...enjoy!

      Delete
  9. Great Cliffhanger. I had to run out and get the ebook from Smashwords, because there is no way I can wait! Great Snippet! Thanks for sharing! Can't wait to read more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the cliff hanger--I'm going to have to get a copy of this before I head back to work. Joina is tough, thinking so logically through her problem when most people are too ruffled by the intrusion. Makes me want to see what she does next.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts.