Wednesday 16 September 2015

Read Only Wednesday - A Madness Of Angels by Kate Griffin #UF #amreading

It's been a while since I've done one of these. Read Only Wednesday was an attempt to get myself reading a book a week (or at least reading something, even if only a short story). Writing now takes up so much of my time that reading, once my greatest pleasure and part of the reason I wrote, took a very decided back seat. But I spent the summer trying to make a dent in my TBR pile, and after 20 titles and reviews (which you can find on my Goodreads profile, or posted weekly at Critique de Book), I'm bringing this feature back. Each week I'll post what I've just read, am reading, or planning to read. Or maybe even my latest buy. This week it's...


Blurb:

Two years after his untimely death, Matthew Swift finds himself breathing once again, lying in bed in his London home.

Except that it's no longer his bed, or his home. And the last time this sorcerer was seen alive, an unknown assailant had gouged a hole so deep in his chest that his death was irrefutable...despite his body never being found.

He doesn't have long to mull over his resurrection, though, or the changes that have been wrought upon him. His only concern now is vengeance. Vengeance upon his monstrous killer and vengeance upon the one who brought him back.
~~~

I originally picked up what turned out to be book three of this series, because it had been compared to Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman. Many years later, I've finally picked up the rest of the series to read in their proper order. If you like London-based urban fantasy with a twist, this could be the series for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to hear your thoughts.