Sunday 11 December 2011

Six Sentence Sunday #40

Hello! Welcome to another #sixsunday. I wasn't sure if I'd make it this week due to edits, but I managed to squeeze myself in at the bottom of the list, yay! A big thank you to everyone who stops by and comments each week. So, another six from my scifi novella Gethyon. Our hero has made it home via a temporal gateway, but there's not much sign of a welcome for him ...



His footsteps sounded hollow as he entered the hallway. His shadow cast itself the length of the polished wooden floor, almost touching the edge of the stairs. Dust motes glimmered briefly in the sunlight, stirred into dance by his movement.
Gethyon hesitated. Had the house been abandoned in his absence?
“Hello?”


© 2009-2011 Copyright Philippa J. Green All Rights Reserved

Thanks for stopping by and please check out the other authors by clicking on the banner. :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to hear your thoughts.